Water Strainer

Back to Home ... s/v Stella Blue home ... Repower Page ... Projects

When cleaning my old water strainer some parts jammed, and so I took it all apart and broke it in the process. It was an old Groco, and the replacement screens available locally didn't quite fit and the old rubber gaskets were worn out.

It's just money.

When replacing it I decided to upsize and get a bigger strainer basket.
One less thing to worry about (as much.)

The bigger strainer has 1.25" inputs,
which is great.

It's actually the only reason this little episode is worth mentioning, as it allowed me to put a 1.25" elbow on the input side of the strainer, which increases the size of the pipe at that little critical elbow and will possibly prevent crud from getting stuck there. One less thing to worry about (as much.)

Back to Home ... s/v Stella Blue home ... Repower Page ... Projects